A New Year of Christian University Events
2012 is officially underway, and a number of exciting and inspiring events have been planned at the following Christian universities and colleges.
Corban University, Salem, OR
- Woman to Woman Retreat will take place on February 25, 2012 at the Corban University Psalm Performing Arts Center, with the theme: “Unleashed: Becoming a Catalyst for Change”. The event’s speaker is Carolyn Custis James, an evangelical thinker whose books include When Life and Beliefs Collide, The Gospel of Ruth, and Half the Church. The event will explore God’s vision for his daughters, including how to move forward to fulfill God’s vision for us and his world.
- Spend 3 Days in Heaven with Randy Alcorn, a 3-day course on “Heaven”, will be held May 8-10, 2012 at Corban University. Participants will spend three days with Randy Alcorn, the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries, and best-selling author of Heaven, Safely Home, to gain a deeper understanding of our eternal destiny, as well as receive the opportunity to earn 2 graduate credits or audit.
- 2012 Bible Lands Study Tour, led by Doctors Greg Trull and Tim Anderson of the School of Ministry, will provide an unforgettable study tour to Israel from May 20-29, 2012, with an optional Jordan pre-tour extension May 16-20. Corban students will be able to maximize their trip by taking the “Land of the Bible” course during spring 2012.
Crown College, St. Bonifacius, MN
- Upcoming Storm the Campus events in which prospective students can explore the Crown College campus, attend chapel, take a class, eat with students, and talk with professors and coaches, will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, January 23, 2012
- Monday, February 20, 2012 (President’s Day)
- Monday, March 12, 2012
Evangel University, Springfield, MO
- Evangel University’s orientation program, EU Launch, an important and exciting event for new Evangel students to help ensure that their transition to Evangel is successful, will take place on January 9-10, 2012.
Grace Bible College, Grand Rapids, MI
- The Grace Bible College 2012 Chapel Schedule commences with President Kemper on Tuesday, January 17, 2012.
Mid-America Christian University, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mid-America Christian University, in partnership with Tommy Coomes and Music Compass, will be presenting Praise Night 2012 on January 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM at Frontline Church on South Campus. The event will include live worship with Tommy Walker, Oklahoma’s own Jami Smith and Charlie Hall.
Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL and Plymouth, MI
- Moody Theological Seminary will be hosting Next Step: January, on Thursday, January 26, 2012. The event, which includes a light supper/refreshments and an admissions information session, will provide prospective Seminary students with the opportunity to tour the Michigan campus, meet faculty, staff and students, visit a class, and more.
North Park University, Chicago, IL
- All-Access Day for students wishing to enroll in the spring semester will take place on January 10, 2012. Prospective students can accomplish several admission and registration items at one time, including having their transcripts evaluated on the spot, receiving a same-day admission decision, receiving academic and career advising and financial aid counseling, taking a campus tour, and more.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Worship and Service Day will take place on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM in Anderson Chapel. The Rev. Dr. Reginald Blount will speak at the event and provide a challenge to consider how to incorporate acts of service into our listening, dialogue, and presence. During the afternoon, high school students and their mentors will spend the afternoon on North Park’s campus to further explore the day’s theme through intentional conversation with University students, faculty, and staff.
- North Park Justice Summit and Chicago Reload will take place on Friday, March 23 and Saturday, March 24, 2012. The event, orchestrated by University Ministries and the Center for Youth Ministry Studies at North Park University, invites participants to be challenged, inspired, and transformed by the gospel during the engaging two-day event.